To describe the Mr. Gas Limited policy for providing goods and services to people with disabilities. Mr. Gas Limited is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities such as fuel pump maintenance or refill, gas spills, car wash maintenance, etc., Mr. Gas Limited will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
The notice will be placed where the services or facilities are disrupted (ex: if a fuel pump is out of order due to maintenance, there will be a notice on that pump).
Training for staff
Mr. Gas Limited will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf. Individuals in the following positions will be trained:
- Cashiers (full and part time)
- Assistant Managers
- General Managers
This training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Mr. Gas Limited’s plan related to the customer service standard
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use the equipment or devices available on-site or otherwise that may help with providing goods and services to people with disabilities.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Mr. Gas Limited’s goods and services
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to this plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Mr. Gas Limited provides goods and services to people with disabilities can e-mail questions to email@example.com, express verbally to the person providing services or facilities, or fill out a feedback card situated in front of the store on the counter. All feedback will be directed to the immediate Supervisor. Customers can expect to hear back within the next ten (10) business days. Complaints will be addressed according to our organization’s regular complaint management procedures.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of Mr. Gas Limited that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.